PointsPay Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy of Loylogic Rewards FZE, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Loylogic", “we”, “us”, “our”) in relation to the provision of all our consumer services and our websites. These include any services that you subscribe to and your contact with us from time to time. This Privacy and Cookies Policy (“Policy”) sets out how we use any personal information that you give to us, or that we may collect or otherwise process in the course of providing services to you.
By using this website you consent to this Policy. By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of your personal information as set out in this Policy. If our policy changes, we will post the changes on our website and your continued use of our website signifies your agreement to such changes. If you do not accept and agree with this Policy you must stop using our website immediately.
1. Information About Us
2. What This Policy Covers
3. What Data do we collect?
- date of birth;
- country of residence;
- contact information such as home address, email address and telephone number;
- loyalty program account information;
- financial information such as credit / debit card details;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system; and/or
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to.
By providing such personal information, you fully understand and consent to the collection and processing of such information.
4. How We Use Your Data
4.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under applicable data protection legislation, including the GDPR at all times.
4.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data in order to:
- authenticate your identity;
- register you to receive the relevant services you have requested
- co-ordinate with your loyalty program provider(s);
- process transactions you have requested;
- allow us to improve our services to you or to develop new services;
- personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- replying to emails from you;
- analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience
- provide you with marketing materials by email, telephone, SMS and/or by post, but only where you have given us your permission to do so.
4.3 Mobile Applications
Where an App is available, we may give you the option of taking advantage of the biometric authentication solution offered on certain mobile devices running with the mobile operating systems iOS or Android.
The consent to and activation of the biometric authentication process is managed completely by the respective mobile operating system and is fully independent of the App. The App only receives a notification on the success or failure of the authentication. We do not store, process or have access to any of your biometric data. This data is stored and processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of iOS or Android which can be accessed through the following links:
When using biometric identification, you accept all transactions processed with this function as authorized by you.
4.4 We may record or monitor calls made by you to our customer service desks for quality assurance and training purposes. However, we will always inform you if such recording or monitoring is taking place.
4.5 Third parties (including merchants and other service providers) whose content appears on our site may use third party Cookies, as detailed below in section 6 onwards. Please refer to section 6 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
4.7 We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected, unless it is required by law.
5. How we share your data
5.1 We may share your data with other companies in our group for provision of some of the services, for example, payment processing. This includes our holding company, Loylogic Holding AG, and its subsidiaries. Group Companies may be located in countries where data privacy may not be on an equal level, such as the United Arab Emirates or India. You explicitly consent to a data transfer to these countries. We ensure data protection with our Group Companies through contractual data transfer agreements.
5.2 We may co-ordinate with third parties in the provision of your selected services to you (for example your loyalty program provider(s) or our suppliers.
5.3 We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law. By effecting purchases though our loyalty platforms you enter into an agreement with third-party merchants. Any data transfers to these merchants and any of their processing activities for the fulfilment of your purchase are governed by the respective third-party privacy policies over which we have no influence. Third party processors may be located in countries where data privacy may not be on an equal level. You explicitly consent to a data transfer to these countries.
5.4 We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, analytics service providers and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
5.5 We may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where we transfer any personal data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be under the GDPR. In such cases, we will ensure data protection with standard contractual clauses for data transfer to third countries.
5.6 In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
6.3 We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our site, it does enable us to continually improve our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you. For more information on the use of Google Analytics, including how to opt out, visit Privacy Overview.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
6.4 You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
6.5 Cookies are destroyed once they are no longer necessary for their purpose.
6.6 Third party websites using cookies
7. Google Analytics
7.2 The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
7.4 This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed in shortened form, so that a personal relationship can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
7.5 We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Through the obtained statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacy-shield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
8. Social Media Plug-ins
8.1 Our websites use AddThis plug-ins. These plug-ins allow you to log in to our sites and to bookmark or share interesting content with other users. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with the following social media networks: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. This allows us to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
8.2 When accessing our websites, data mentioned in section 3 this policy can be transmitted to the plug-in provider and to the social media providers. We have no influence on the data collected and data processing activities of these providers. The data is transferred regardless of whether you have an account with the provider or if you are logged in there. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right.
8.3 Using these plug-ins, your Internet browser establishes a direct connection to the AddThis servers and the selected social networking or bookmarking service, if applicable. The recipients receive information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer and the data mentioned under section 3 of this policy. This information is processed on AddThis servers in the USA. When you send content on our website to social networks or bookmarking services, a link can be established between visiting our website and your user profile on the relevant network.
8.4 The providers store this data as user profiles and use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for unlogged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website.
8.5 If you do not wish to participate in this process, you can object to the collection and storage of data at any time by setting an opt-out cookie with effect for the future: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser to prevent the setting of a cookie.
- AddThis LLC, 1595 Spring Hill Road, Sweet 300, Vienna, VA 22182, USA, www.addthis.com/privacy.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; more information on the data processing: http://www.facebook.comlhelp/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Frame-work
- Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, CA 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Frame-work.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Frame-work
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Frame-work
- Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Irland; https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
9. Unsubscribing/Amending/Accessing your information
9.2 You can remove your information from our marketing database entirely by emailing, writing or calling us using the contact details above. If you only want to remove your information from marketing communications in relation to a specific service simply email, write to us or call us using the above contact details with the information above and the name of the service. Servicing emails sent to you are triggered automatically when you use the Site, for example, when you make a purchase or if you add items to a wish list. If you do not wish to receive service triggered emails, you must request stop using the Site and request deletion of your membership
9.3 Alternatively, whenever we contact you, (for example to send you an email newsletter which you have requested) you will normally find an email or other address at the bottom of the email, which you can use to tell us if you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or other communication in question.
10.1 Securing your personal and non-personal information is very important to us. All customer databases are held in a secure environment and (except for law enforcement authorities in limited circumstances), only our employees or other persons who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
10.2 Where you are using our websites, we attempt to provide for the secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers by utilising encryption software. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us will be free from unauthorised access by third parties, such as hackers.
10.3 Our websites utilise SSL certificate-based encryption on pages where secure information Is transmitted over the Internet. All critical information is encrypted using AES 256 algorithm and stored.
11. Business Transfers
11.1 We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business. Any personal data that you have provided will, where it is relevant to any part of our business that is being transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use that data only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by is.
11.2 In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
12. Privacy & Cookies Policy Updates
We may change this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time as we add new products and apps, as we improve our current offerings, and as technologies and laws change. Any changes will become effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy & Cookies Policy on our affected websites. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. This notice will be provided by email or by posting notice of the changes on our affected websites or products/apps, consistent with applicable laws.
13. Website Owner
The entire contents of Loylogic websites are owned by Loylogic and protected by copyright (all rights reserved). The downloading or printing of individual pages or passages from the website is only permitted if neither a copyright notice nor any other legally protected titles are removed. If you download data from the Loylogic website or reproduce it in any other way, all proprietary rights remain with Loylogic. The (complete or partial) reproduction, transmission (electronically or by other means), modification, linking or usage of the Loylogic website for public or commercial purposes is forbidden without the prior written agreement of Loylogic.
Last updated: 18th May, 2018